Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trading Performance

I will be a bit coy about the numbers. However, my portfolio is small and I have done quite well with my investments in the short market positions. The issue many people will raise is that it is not a "REAL PORTFOLIO" since I may be excessively risk taking in a bragging rights portfolio. So I won't release the exact numbers until I am able to make this portfolio into a "real one" by graduate student standards :)...
Personally, I am just trying to trade it professionally and my views are my views.

- Current views/Positions I want to have:

I am trying to buy some puts on all financials (yes, again)

I am trying to buy "cheap" Jan 20th putts and Feb 09 puts on the S&P 500 since I think this is a trending down market with nice tradable "range" it pays to enter low bids and when you get filled to trade them.

I am especially interested in buying puts on Capital One Financial, Discover and most other credit card companies- If I really believed in the position, I would sell calls on them to fund the puts but I don't want to be short vol in this market

I want to buy Walmart as I think the recovery is a long way off and all the cheap stores will do quite well.

Maybe time to look at infrastructure etc.

in 6 months time, we start buying financials and Gold...

in 6 months/12 months, I start going long India massively...as I have said before, great exchange rate and great prices. When the world economy recovers, India and China will be ahead....

No comments: